Tuesday, August 14, 2007

1st Journal of me and Jen's cleanse

I used to "journal" on live journal before I started "blogging" on blogger. It took me a while, but I found my entries from my first cleanse I did with my sister Jen. There are some hilarious entries, but it's all about "poop", so not sure how exciting that can be. I will say that if you haven't tried the cleanse to do all the research you can and prepare yourself mentally for the experience. Jen and I are on day three of our latest cleanse. It's wayyyy overdue.

**Update*** We made it the 10 days and I ended up at a weight of 129 lbs, the lightest I've been in years. It is Nov. 25th and I'm still at 129. Jen was at 158 and as of today she's maintaining a weight of 149. So we're in good shape as far as weight is concerned. Now, fitness, that's a whole nother story!!!!

Here's the journal of our cleanse from 2004.

8 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

maintaining weight, u write well.let me know what u think about this one folk.chk out my post about the King THANK WE FREE

Anonymous said...

Hi Maryee,

I'm on my first day of MC and I'm very excited to have found your blog. It's extremely motivational and very informative, too! I did some research before, and also found a nice support group of MCleansers but I just read the members' posts without joining. I have two questions for you:

1. I live in Egypt where Maple syrup is not very common (I can't find it anywhere- Maple flavoured sugar syrups are rarely available to begin with), so I was wondering if I could do without any maple syrup at all?
2. Could I use diet sugar instead? It's less calories and I don't mind the taste (I also prefer a lighter color lemonade, I think the molasses/Maple will turn me off)

Thanks again for your input and I hope you still check the posts :)

Laila

Maryee said...

Laila,

Thanks for the kind compliments.
Try ordering pure maple syrup off Ebay. The only other recommendation would be the Black Strap Molasses. Estevia is good, too, but the cleanse really requires Pure Maple syrup. I hope this helps.

Kim Hughey said...

Hi Maryee,

I just wanted to say thanks for your comment on my blog. I think it is the first time you have commented and I just wanted to say hi and thanks for reading. How did you find me? I will add you to my reader.

Blessings,

Mrs. H

Maryee said...

Thanks Mrs. H!!!

Margaret said...

Glad I found your blog. I'm on day 22 of my 30-40 day juice cleanse. I love to keep focused and read what others have to say about cleansing!!
Thank you...
http://www.veganrawfood.net

Maryee said...

Awesome! I'm on DAY 8. Still going strong!

Maryee said...

Awesome! I'm on DAY 8. Still going strong!